10 January 2023

And we're back!

Wow, things have been rough the last few years! Things have changed so much in my life in the last few years. My husband was injured at work and left permanently disabled so he can't work anymore. He has struggled to adjust to not being able to do everything he used to but he is finding ways to cope and get around his disability. My oldest son is attending a specialized resiential school for children with developmental disabilities following a couple of very rough years at home and school that resulted in him being removed from school. Now he is in a specialized environment and he is truly thriving, he has made so much progress on so many things and he is so happy. The staff all love him as well and he really enjoys helping out when he can. My youngest is in school now as well and he tried out Boy Scouts, but unfortunately it is very bigoted so he is no longer participating. Instead we o plenty of outoor exploring and learning together as a family. He really enjoys helping out around the farm, especially with the animals. He also loves going to school and showing off what he has learned. He misses his big brother and loves to video chat with him as well as go visit him. I have enrolled in college again to get a degree in environmental science and it is difficult but fun. I am also spending more time exercising every day and making sure to find time for creative hobbies daily as well. I do spend less time playing video games now, but I still play them when I have a little free time. My dad and sister moved out of our house in 2020 but came back in summer 2022 when their house burned down. My brother's house burned down at the time as well (they lived on the same property in seperate homes) but he was able to get his own apartment. My dad spent some time in the burn unit at the hospital because he tried to put the fire out himself. After he was released from the hospital he and my sister, who is now his full time caregiver, came to stay with us while they tried to find a place to stay. They finally got an apartment at the end of the year and moved out. Their new apartment is pretty small, but they are happy with it especially with not being woken early in the morning by a small but loud child.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message after the beep... *BEEP*